Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hello World/The Call to Adopt

So Sandra and I have had a blog for a while but I’ve never really posted on it. She has really taken it over, which is fine because I never really had any interest in blogging. That blog can be found at http://bjandsandra.blogspot.com . So tonight I decided that I wanted a blog to call my own, somewhere that I could put my thoughts down. It might be something of spiritual significance, an update of what is going on in our lives, or just random thoughts. Who knows how often I will update this.

Sometime last year we decided that we were going to adopt. Well I’m not really sure that we decided. It was more like we felt called to adopt and decided to answer that call. It’s been a long process that had us go through a lot of training classes and a lot of waiting. As many know we have been selected to adopt a sibling group of 3. I must admit that this is a little scary and I’m a little nervous, but I have no doubt that this is where God is leading us. So the next few weeks should be interesting.

Hopefully we will be meeting the kids for the first time within the next couple of weeks. I guess that is what I’m most nervous about. We are going to be meeting these kids for the first time and they will know that soon they will become a part of our family. I know I wonder about how the kids will react to us, how quickly they will bond to us, and all that stuff. I can only imagine how the kids will feel. Their world has been turned upside down for the last couple of years. Now here is this couple that we don’t know that is going our new family. I’m sure that transition won’t be easy for them. So please keep them and us in your prayers as we go through this transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment